Cleansing baby’s nose a good habit to get into
Nasal cleansing: an essential step for baby's comfortNasal obstruction in babies can have a broad variety of causes. Mucus that is too dry can stagnate in the nasal passages, an infection may increase mucus production and block baby's nose... quickly making it difficult for baby to breathe properly. Paediatricians and specialists recommend nasal cleansing to overcome these problems.
Nasal cleansing acts on several levels:
- by moistening the nasal cavity, it fluidifies the nasal secretions and hence aids the natural elimination of mucus;
- it increases the beat frequency of the cilia at the surface of the nasal cells. The cilia beat in harmony to remove mucus to the stomach, where it is destroyed. PHYSIOMER thereby promotes the elimination of mucus loaded with impurities and potential pathogens.
But nasal cleansing is more than simply a physical action. When the nasal mucosa is infected, it becomes inflamed. This usually serves to eliminate microorganisms. But often, this inflammation gets a little out of control, damaging the mucous membranes and sometimes making the nasal congestion worse. In this situation, nasal cleansing:
- helps to reduce some of the factors involved in this inflammation;
- helps the cells repair the damage suffered.
PHYSIOMER is ideal for the treatment of these problems since studies have demonstrated that it is more effective than normal saline.
PHYSIOMER: a gentle solution for baby's noseAny parent who has already tried to administer nose drops of normal saline to their baby knows only too well how reluctant they are to accept the treatment. Tears, agitation and resistance can turn something designed to help baby into a real battle.
Physiomer, a hygienic solutionAlthough it is preservative-free, the PHYSIOMER spray has been specially developed to guarantee sterility, even when used intermittently. And the nasal aspirator is fully washable and reusable. Aspirated secretions are trapped in disposable protective filters, guaranteeing maximum hygiene.
PHYSIOMER: part of the daily routineNasal cleansing is a method known to help combat nasal obstruction in babies. The additional use of a nasal aspirator is recommended by paediatric experts, particularly in the event of bronchiolitis or to unblock baby's nose. The ultra-soft nozzle of the Physiomer nasal aspirator fits baby's nose, making it very convenient and comfortable.
- In the prevention of colds and ENT complications, nasal cleansing with PHYSIOMER reduces cold episodes by 50% and the risk of ENT complications (ear infection and bronchiolitis) by 75%.
- Once a cold is established, nasal cleansing reduces its symptoms and the resulting nasal discharge. It improves breathing by 45%. Used along with a nasal aspirator, nasal cleansing reduces oral breathing (-78%), noisy breathing (-73%) and wheezing (-82%).
- Last but not least, nasal cleansing with PHYSIOMER significantly reduces the use of medication:
- to treat fever (9% versus 33% use in infants without nasal cleansing with PHYSIOMER);
- to fluidify mucus (10% versus 37%);
- antibiotics (6% versus 21%).
The Physiomer range makes it easier to cleanse baby's nose, using a simple and safe method. Used regularly as a preventive measure and following medication for colds and respiratory infections, it is an effective solution to reduce baby's discomfort.